Aldergrove Stormwater Pond
Owner: The Township of Langley
This permanent detention facility was constructed to control the rainwater flow rate into a tributary of Bertrand Creek. The project was in a sensitive watercourse, and had to be constructed within a six week “fisheries window”.
- Salvage of endangered Pacific Water Shrew prior to clearing
- 3500 m3 of stripping and offsite disposal
- 2500 m3 berm construction using insitu soft silty soils
- Rock lined channel including riparian zone planting with indigenous species
- Storm sewer including a flow control structure